[nycbug-talk] OT: email 2 phone services

Brian Gupta brian.gupta at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 20:59:43 EDT 2009

Matt, I looked into an email to phone call option, but it didn't seem feasible.

What we ended up doing to solve this problem was to go old school.   I
got Skytel pagers for my team. They are loud and realert
unacknowledged messages. (It takes serious effort to sleep through
these, if you have the volume on max). If you go this route, you are
gonna want to track down Motorola T900s, as the new pagers they are
selling aren't nearly as loud and don't have the battery life of the
T900s. (The T900s are almost always available on Ebay for very cheap).

If you want together, maybe at a puppet meeting, I can demo the pager for you.

Cheers,
Brian

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 1:24 PM,  <matt at atopia.net> wrote:
> I need an email 2 phone service so that if nagios spits out an alert or something I can get a call on it.
>
> I found email2phone.net but I am wondering if others have any ideas on good providers for this service.

- Brian Gupta

New York City user groups calendar:
http://nyc.brandorr.com/