[nycbug-talk] fave BSD tips/tricks?

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Mon Aug 24 14:44:24 EDT 2009

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009, Dru Lavigne wrote:

> I'm finishing up an article for BSD mag on BSD tips and tricks. Anyone
> have a favourite tip or trick they'd like to see in this article?

I have two non-spectacular "tips" relating to jails:

-Shamelessly stolen from George R., /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/jailaudit a very
handy tool to report on all vulnerabilities in all jails.  Output comes
with the main host's daily run.

-Up until FBSD 7.1, multiple IPs in a jail were not possible without a set
of external patches.  As of 7.2 this is included.  It works flawlessly
(tested a box with a few hundred IPs in two jails).  Additionally, ezjail
can deal with this, just add the IPs, separated by commas, to the "export
jail_php4_web_bway_net_ip=" line.

Charles