[nycbug-talk] fave BSD tips/tricks?

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Tue Aug 25 08:48:20 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 01:25:33PM +0000, Dru Lavigne wrote:

> I'm finishing up an article for BSD mag on BSD tips and tricks. Anyone have a favourite tip or trick they'd like to see in this article?

i've recently found these dtrace scritps are available on my OSX 10.5
systems that are *very* handy and will probably result in me porting
them freebsd if they are not already there:

iosnoop
iotop
iopattern
iopending
opensnoop

man -k dtrace shows a bunch of other precooked scripts.  this is barely
BSD related, but still quite handy to have :)

-pete