[nycbug-talk] [OT] - Interesting SVN Question

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Fri Dec 4 01:19:43 EST 2009

Hi all,

I've got a bit of a dilemma. I've got an internal SVN server, running
anonymous SVN serve (though I'd like to setup authentication on it if I
can).  The only box that has outside SSH access is a different box.  The
devs want to start accessing the repositories remotely, and I don't want
to open the internal SVN server up to the outside world.

So ideally, I'm wondering, is it possible to do:

svn co svn+ssh://user@host/repo

Where /repo is actually pulled from:

svn co svn://servername/repo

or is this double dip strategy not going to work?  I guess my other
options would be to either move the repository to the server that has the
outside ssh access, or setup the repository on NFS or something.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Matt