[nycbug-talk] Colocation services in NYC (area)

Isaac Levy ike at lesmuug.org
Fri Feb 27 18:28:57 EST 2009

Hi Bill,

On Feb 27, 2009, at 5:32 PM, Bill Totman wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> (I hope I'm not intruding - but here I go.)
>
> Any one have recommendations for colocation services in the New York
> City area?
>
> The specs are not that clear at this time and if you only have a
> warning of whom not to use, I will take that into consideration.
>

> Thanks a bunch,
> Bill

Sorry to respond with these, (I hope people comment further), but this
issue comes up on list pretty regularly:

http://lists.nycbug.org/pipermail/talk/2008-October/011502.html
(recent-ish!)

http://lists.nycbug.org/pipermail/talk/2005-September/006874.html (old)
http://lists.nycbug.org/pipermail/talk/2004-October/003083.html (old,
NJ)

Also, a some terrific NY datacenters who do colocation sponsored
NYC*BSDCon (listed in the order they appear for the conference),

http://www.nycbsdcon.org/2008/
   http://www.nyi.net/
   http://www.datapipe.com/
   http://www.datagram.com/

--
Thing is, so many folks here *run* colo facilities at various scales,
so it gets to be a bit of bad-form to jump in and 'sell'... or dish

Good luck-

Best,
.ike