[nycbug-talk] dns abuse

Max Gribov max at neuropunks.org
Mon Jan 19 16:14:25 EST 2009

Miles Nordin wrote:
> but the usual fix is to limit recursive service to your own ip's:
> options {
>         /* fucking chinese pointing themselves at me */
>         allow-recursion { fw; };

hmm, thats what i had there before, since the jails use the master for
their dns server, so recursion was allowed to their ip's.
But trying to dig @finn.neuropunks.org . ns  from any ip on net still
returned the . zone, while no recursive queries would work.

my rfc foo fails me, so i dont know which behavior is proper..