[nycbug-talk] CIDR Network Subtraction Tool?

Tim A. techneck at goldenpath.org
Tue Jun 16 14:28:45 EDT 2009

Scenario:
spamd blacklisting from foreign.txt source file with a list of all
non-US IP space.
Problem:
Occasionally we spark up a new non-US vendor relationship and need to
receive email from their email servers but their IP addresses have been
blacklisted in foreign.txt
Solution:
Subtract their IPs / ISPs netblock from the /8 entry.
Currently, I do this by hand. Googling for network calculators spits
back a ton of tools that calculate subnets but none of which do this
sort of network subtraction.
If anyone is aware of such a tool, please share.

Example:
       89 .  0 .  0 .  0   /8
-      89 .208 .106 .  0   /24
-------------------------------