[nycbug-talk] First CloudCamp NYC happening April 1st, 2009. (Limited registration)

Brian Gupta brian.gupta at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 01:23:52 EDT 2009

I'm gonna be going and hope to see see some of you guys there. This
will be a great opportunity to share with others who have been active
in the cloud space. Come if you are currently using services like
EC2/S3, or are even thinking about it.

Please register ASAP as tickets are limited (and free!):
http://cloudcamp-newyork-09.eventbrite.com/)

BTW - When I say cloud there are basically three types of cloud offerings:
1) Software as a service (eg. Google Apps for Your Domain, FreshBooks,
GitHub, SalesForce, etc)
2) Platform as a service (eg. Google App Engine, EngineYard, Aptana,
Force.com, etc)
3) Infrastructure as a service (eg. Amazon Web Services, Sun Cloud,
Linode, Joyent, etc)

Here is the site for the event: http://www.cloudcamp.com/newyork/
(Press release below.)

Please feel free to let me know (on or off list) if you have any
questions, as I know some of the organizers. Also, if you know anyone
who is interested in sponsoring the event, I attached the sponsorship
docs. Payment is not required at the time of the event, just a
commitment.

Cheers,
-Brian

P.S. - I am pretty exited this event is coming to NYC.

CloudCamp and Cloud Computing Interoperability Forum to Bring Together
the Brightest Minds in Cloud Computing - Tickets Available

New York, NY (PRWEB) March 19, 2009 -- CloudCamp, an informal,
member-supported gathering formed to provide a common ground for the
introduction and advancement of cloud computing, today announced
CloudCamp New York event and the Wall Street Cloud Computing
Interoperability Forum (CCIF). CloudCamp New York will be held
Wednesday, April 1, 2009 from 6-11pm at the Sun Microsystems office,
101 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10017. CCIF will be held on April 2,
from 10am-4pm at the Thomson Reuters office at 195 Broadway, New York,
NY 10007.

Through CloudCamp events, attendees can exchange ideas, knowledge and
information in a creative and supporting environment, advancing the
current state of cloud computing and related technologies. The Cloud
Computing Interoperability Forum is an open, vendor neutral gathering
of cloud computing professionals focused on building community
consensus, exploring emerging trends, and advocating best practices
and reference architectures for the purposes of standardized cloud
computing.

CloudCamp relies entirely on the community to help with meeting
content, speakers, meeting locations, equipment and membership
recruitment. There are a number of opportunities to get involved,
including:

   * ATTEND - Attending CloudCamp is free, fun and informative.
Tickets are available now - sign up at
http://www.cloudcamp.com/newyork.
   * PRESENT - CloudCamp will follow the popular Open Space format,
which encourages an open exchange between presenters and participants.
If you have a cloud-related topic to discuss, visit the CloudCamp New
York page and present your ideas.
   * SPONSOR - CloudCamp depends on corporate sponsors who provide
venues, financial assistance and other valuable donations.
     -CloudCamp sponsors include Sun, Microsoft, IBM, Enomaly,
Appistry, ZeroNines, Adaptivity and others.
     -CCIF sponsors include Thompson Reuters, IBM, Enomaly, Appistry,
Adaptivity and others.
     -Sponsors receive recognition for their support and enhanced
visibility at the Camp. If you would like to sponsor CloudCamp or
CCIF, please contact Jesse Silver.
   * ORGANIZE - CloudCamp is a non-profit, volunteer-driven
organization. If you'd like to help plan a future CloudCamp, join an
organizing committee by signing up for the CloudCamp Google Group and
letting us know about your interest.

CloudCamp on the Web
To learn more about CCIF, please visit http://www.cloudforum.org.
CloudCamp can also be found in various places around the Web:

   * http://twitter.com/cloudcamp - CloudCamp on Twitter
   * http://twitter.com/cloudforum -- CCIF on Twitter
   * http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10128776220 -- CloudCamp on Facebook

Contacts
Media:

   * Sam Charrington, (415) 727-1850, sam -at- appistry -dot- com
   * Jesse Silver, (310) 766-2006

Program - CloudCamp:

   * Dave Nielsen, (415) 531-6674

Program - CCIF:

   * Reuven Cohen

About CloudCamp
CloudCamp was formed in 2008 in order to provide a common ground for
the introduction and advancement of cloud computing. Through a series
of local CloudCamp events, attendees can exchange ideas, knowledge and
information in a creative and supporting environment, advancing the
current state of cloud computing and related technologies. Planned
2009 events include Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bangalore, Berlin, New York,
Stockholm and Singapore.

--
- Brian Gupta

New York City user groups calendar: