[nycbug-talk] Sun News Roundup

Kit Halsted lists at kithalsted.com
Sun Mar 22 04:28:22 EDT 2009

Open64 is GPL. IIUC, the primary reason for the resurrection of PCC
was the need for a BSD-licensed C compiler.

Having seen what happens when the OpenBSD people decide that they need
to replace a piece of software due to license issues before, I would
not be surprised to see PCC suddenly become the new default BSD
compiler. (Hell, if you want to get down to it, I'm a little surprised
it hasn't happened already.)

Cheers,
-Kit