[nycbug-talk] Current email "toaster" packages?

Max Gribov max at neuropunks.org
Wed Mar 25 11:50:33 EDT 2009

Charles Sprickman wrote:
> It's been a very long time since I looked at this stuff.  I'm done with
> Qmail for this sort of thing.  I'm looking for something Postfix-based
> just so I'm running something a bit more modern.  Looking for db auth, a
> nice web frontend for self-managed domains, and easy integration with
> spamasss preferences living in a db.

postfix admin (http://sourceforge.net/projects/postfixadmin/) is pretty
good, it allows you to manage mailboxes and as long as your postfix,
imap server and sasl auth are set up to use its db, it works nicely.

I dont believe it has any plugins to manage spam filtering though. Our
setup doesnt allow users to change their spam settings, and we rely on
their client software to move things with ***SPAM*** in the
subject/headers to their junkmail
I heard maildrop has some gui interfaces to manage rules like that on
the server, but havent had luck getting it to work right (yet)

Its in php and its really easy to hack, i just hacked our copy to manage
svn access for the people with mailboxes (it filps a flag in mailbox
table and apache/dav+svn auth off of that)

If you google for that software, you'll find plenty of howto's as well.