[nycbug-talk] Cacti Replacement

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Thu Mar 26 14:29:48 EDT 2009

Hey All,
Wondering if anyone has seen a replacement for cacti.  Specifically
I'm looking for an easy to use snmp enabled graphing application.
Cacti is great if you have a handful of hosts and don't mind doing
everything by hand - but I'm finding it's scripting ability is pretty
lacking.  While there are other nice tools out there for plotting
network and system performance - most of them seem to require an agent
(ganglia for example).

i'd like to have a consolidated plotting app so i can plot my app
servers, db's, switches, pdu's etc.

cheers,
-pete