[nycbug-talk] Cacti Replacement

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Thu Mar 26 15:03:54 EDT 2009

On 26-Mar-09, at 12:00 PM, Brian Gupta wrote:

> I've also heard mixed things about zenoss. Supposed to be like Nagios
> merged with Cacti, full SNMP. (Some love it, some find it a bit
> complicated to setup).

yea - same hear.  I've chatted with peeps on irc that swear by it,
then i meet people that complain that it's pretty hard to make it do
things outside of it's intended scope.  and the UI is pretty cluttered
i'd have to admit too.  i believe it's built on top of zope, and the
scripting framework is python which is actually a plus for me.

cheers!
-p