[nycbug-talk] sca adapter?

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Mon May 4 16:23:05 EDT 2009

On Mon, 4 May 2009, George Rosamond wrote:

> Charles Sprickman wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm in need of an SCA (80 pin) to 68 pin scsi adapter.  Is there anyone in
>> Manhattan that would stock such a thing?
>>
>> It's one of these doohickeys:
>>
>> http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/EP5111582.htm?utm_medium=productsearch&utm_source=google
>>

> *maybe* cables and chips on fulton street downtown.

No such luck.  Funny, the guy said that SCSI is "old fashioned" and they
don't really have much call for SCSI anything these days.

The annoying thing is that I have one at home that is in a box somewhere,
probably mis-packed during a move.  A client sent it to me along with an
Adaptec 2940 to just do drive testing before RMAing dead drives...

I did just dig up an old poweredge 4300 which has SCA drive bays.  I think
this might be the ticket.

Thanks,