[nycbug-talk] Audit Solution

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Tue May 19 18:46:41 EDT 2009

Matt Juszczak wrote:
>> How many servers are you managing? One of my techs mentioned something I
>> forget the name but it merely parsed for key words I was looking for
>> something a bit more robust.
>
> About 60.
>
> Are you talking about swatch?

or logwatch. . .

Personally, I get a bunch of dailies, etc., not to mention cron job
outputs that I want to see, like statuses of RAIDs, outputs of
portaudit, etc.

I read everything in the am, and quickly scan for glaring problems.

Which is why I don't run sshd on 22. . . since if there's no firewall,
you get the zombie attempts filling up the email and miss what you need
to know.  But that's another discussion :)

We've had this discussion before offlist, and if someone has the golden
answer, well, let us know.