[nycbug-talk] Approach for the NFS cluster

Marc Spitzer mspitzer at gmail.com
Wed May 20 09:27:21 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 2:16 AM, Isaac Levy <isaac at diversaform.com> wrote:
> Hrm.  I'm chewing on this.  To me, 30 seconds of lost files feels
> funy- I can't think of an acceptable case for this happening- (but I'm
> not saying there is no case where this is acceptable).

Ike,

I think you are looking at it the wrong way.

Its not a 30 sec data loss, it is a 30 sec data loss vs whatever plan
B happens to be: can not transact business for 4 hours for example.
Then you figure out if you want to buy the insurance.

marc
--
Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.
Albert Camus