[nycbug-talk] Make package-recursive problem

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Fri May 22 19:19:08 EDT 2009

On Fri, 22 May 2009, Matt Juszczak wrote:

> For example:
>
> I am the nagios port and I am building nagios:
> 1. I need/depend on apachge
> 2. apache is not on the system
> 3. I tell the apache port to build
> N: nagios is built/installed/packaged
>
> THEN:
>
> I am the cacti port and I am building cacti:
> 1. I need/depend on apache
> 2. apache *is* on the system
> 3. I re-do the apache package at the end of my install (make
> package-recursive rebuilds packages)
> N. cacti is build/installed/packaged
>

> The newly overwritten apache packages has the 2 start up scripts missing
> from it from /usr/local/etc/rc.d, but it had them prior to the nagios port
> rebuilding it.

I've got this behavior on a 7.1 box.  I'm doing roughly the same thing -
building in a jail that's just for building packages and then copying them
into ezjail's pkg directory.  Exact same behavior - had to copy the apache
startup script over by hand since it was missing from the package.

I believe I've seen this elsewhere as well, but I've pretty much given up
on the issue.

If you bring this up on one of the freebsd lists, let me know and I'll
chime in with a "me too".

Charles