[nycbug-talk] BSD News Sites?

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Mon May 25 22:10:35 EDT 2009

On Mon, 25 May 2009, tim jacques wrote:

> On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 10:33 PM, Charles Sprickman <spork at bway.net> wrote:
>
>> Just wondering, is there anything out there besides bsd.slashdot.org?
>>
>> bsdnews.com seems to be dead, kerneltrap, while linux-centric always had
>> the occasional *BSD news but nothing much happening there now.
>>
>> I'm particularly interested in something as detailed as undeadly, but
>> encompassing other *BSDs.  Even something that summarizes interesting
>> mailing list threads would be nice.
>>
>> Charles

> Good afternoon all .
>
> Here are a few that I look at often:
>
> www.freebsdnews.net

Wow.  I hate the blog format for news (ie: it's flat), but that guy is
mighty thorough.  I'll watch that one.  Not much on the other *BSD
projects though (I really miss my Dragonfly news, which KernelTrap used to
cover well).

> forums.freebsd.org

I had no idea they even had official forums. :)

> bsdtalk.blogspot.com

A great project would be to transcribe those.

Thanks for all the links, very much appreciated.

Charles