[nycbug-talk] followup from meeting

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Thu Oct 8 11:44:36 EDT 2009

Great meeting last night. . . and some excellent followup discussions.

Thanks to Brian for the XMPP talk and Jim for the overview of QEMU for
the BSDCert DVD

http://www.bsdcertification.org/store/

For our December meeting, we discussed a way to structure the Unix Tips
as a meeting, based on this (long) thread:

http://lists.nycbug.org/pipermail/talk/2009-August/012665.html

Bill aptly described it as "give back to the community" for the
holidays.  Maybe we could make it annual.

Basically, we would have a variety of people submit a slide composed of
one to three "tips" that they would discuss for up to ten minutes.  We
could probably do 5 to 7 for a meeting.

Submit your slide as a PDF to admin@ so we can put online, so there's no
need to bring a laptop.

We'd like these meetings to be interactive. .  open the discussion, ask
questions, make recommendations as to how improve, etc.

We have commitments from a few people from last night (i remember who
you are :). . . but the more the better.

Looking forward to hearing from a bunch of people, especially those who
haven't done a meeting before.

George