[nycbug-talk] NIC Device Polling in FreeBSD

Mark Saad mark.saad at ymail.com
Mon Oct 19 11:10:52 EDT 2009

George
  Thanks for the info, can you elaborate more on what a good or bad work load
would be. Is there any rule of thumb like a SQL server is a bad place to use polling,
and a high traffic nfs server is a good place , or is this more complicated.
Also is there any harm in deploying a kernel with Polling enabled but
the nic not configured to use it?