[nycbug-talk] Advanced UNIX Basics Management

David Lawson dave at donnerjack.com
Wed Sep 23 13:44:29 EDT 2009

> + Added sysstat, but perhaps not in the right place- since it
> profiles so many different things?
>  - (noteworthy: no systat on fully loaded CentOS ... :( need to
> install it via yum package)

That's weird, I could have sworn our stock CentOS installs had sar
crons enabled, but we may be doing that in the kickstart rather than
it being something CentOS does, I wrote them a long time ago.  sar is
probably worth touching on as well, since you can get all kinds of
useful trending and post-mortem analysis out of it and most developers
don't know it's there, I've found.