[nycbug-talk] HP DL165G5 Issues

Mark Saad mark.saad at ymail.com
Thu Apr 1 10:31:51 EDT 2010

Hello Talk
  Any one out there using Hp DL165G5 servers. I have a about 10 now and a number of the exhibit an odd issue. With freebsd , under i/o load the system hangs for 6 to 10 seconds every 30 seconds or so , and  processes are stuck in state getblk or biord . I was thinking it could be a disk or sata controller issue so I swapped them both out sata for a p400 sas card and swapped drives a few times sas,sata mdl dual port single port  and no change .   So. Installed 8.0 7.2 7.3 all have the same issue. I then tried CentOS 5.1 and 5.4 and  similar issues popped up. Formatting a 1T drive took over 45min .  Any one have any ideas on what's toast ?  What would a process stuck in getblk or biord refer to ?
Mark Saad | mark.saad at ymail.com