[nycbug-talk] HP DL165G5 Issues

Mark Saad mark.saad at ymail.com
Fri Apr 2 11:57:55 EDT 2010

John
  thanks for the info, I figured out what the issue was. Each time we tried to fix the issue I was using the same type of 1T drives from hp. Turns out they are the issue. Something on their disk firmware is causing them to flush their buffer every couple of seconds. I have no idea why and it makes the server useless when they are installed, regardless of what os you are running. For now I have swapped back to a OEM drive from seagate and its working fine.