[nycbug-talk] USA Today hashtag contest

mikel king mikel.king at olivent.com
Tue Apr 13 17:24:55 EDT 2010

Ok this is certainly not technical but If you haven't heard USA Today
is running a contest for 501(c)(3) charities via Twitter. The contest
winner will receive a full page color ad in USA Today which has an
estimate value of $180,400. It does not say if the ad is a one time
deal or a complete campaign but in either case a full page can do a
lot to raise awareness about the winning charity and it's cause.

While I am already involved helping the Boy Scouts of America, who is
celebrating their 100th year,  with the contest; I thought it might be
worth mentioning since we do have several BSD related 501(c)(3)
organizations throughout the community. If you are interested you can
read more here http://bit.ly/aq6LQn about what the BSA is doing with
the contest.

Please forward this on to every one you know that has a twitter
account...

You can read the USA Today announcement here: http://bit.ly/bl5Poa

Regards,
Mikel King