[nycbug-talk] FreeNAS as a windows domain controller, and off the shelf FreeNAS devices

Justin Dearing zippy1981 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 14:50:14 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm considering FreeNAS. My main concern is windows domain controller
support.

I know it runs Samba, so it can be made to work as a domain controller. The
question is, does it work out of the box, where I can click an LDAP check
box, a Samba Checkbox, and have a windwos domain controller. If thats not
the case, I might as well just install a stock BSD on the server.

Finally, has anyone bought a device with FreeNAS preinstalled?

Justin Dearing