[nycbug-talk] OpenBSD ipsec FBI backdoor (was: The BSD Connection)

Sujit K M sjt.kar at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 04:34:39 EST 2010

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=129244045916861&w=2

Seems to be a refute. But Neither can I think of any better logic than
an denial by
the person. Knowing FreeBSD/NetBSD Kernel for a long time I donot think there is
any real way to create backdoors than doing it in the kernel. But one
way I think there
is a real threat to this kind of effort is GNU Tools which can be
tuned for better for back
doors.

But this certainly points to better security reviews with company as
well as open
source developers.

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 6:05 AM, Mark Saad <mark.saad at ymail.com> wrote:
> . Lucas <mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org> wrote:

>>> Poor Jason Wright.  Nice mud-throwing there Greggie-boy.
>>>
>>> One added confusion to this is we have "Jason" Dixon and Pete "Wright"
>>> posting on this list.  Anyone else catch that?
>>>
>>> Thread is looking kind of dead now. . .
>>>
>>> But Michael Lucas' blog, as always, is useful:
>>>
>>> http://blather.michaelwlucas.com/?p=452
>>
>> Far more interesting, and motivational, is DES' post:
>>
>> http://maycontaintracesofbolts.blogspot.com/2010/12/openbsd-ipsec-backdoor-allegations.html
>>
>> ==ml
>>
>> PS: George, by repeatedly copying me on messages to the closed talk@
>> list, has made it clear that he's OK if my head overloads and explodes
>> because I'm subscribed to too many mailing lists.  If that happens,
>> you lot know who to blame.  I suggest you make him clean up the mess.
>>

>> --
>> Michael W. Lucas
>> http://www.MichaelWLucas.com/, http://blather.MichaelWLucas.com/
>> Latest book: Network Flow Analysis http://www.networkflowanalysis.com/
>> mwlucas at BlackHelicopters.org, Twitter @mwlauthor
>
> Some further reading I found on osnews.com but it still sounds fud like.
>
> http://blogs.csoonline.com/1296/an_fbi_backdoor_in_openbsd
>

> --
>
> mark saad | nonesuch at longcount.org

-- Sujit K M