[nycbug-talk] A simple end-of-year poll

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Tue Dec 28 16:39:18 EST 2010

On 12/28/10 15:05, Francisco Reyes wrote:
> Isaac Levy writes:
>
>> (I'm still sad Bruno and Loftmail is gone)
>
> When did this happened? Is Bruno gone, but the company remains?
> I didn't know, but have been moving domains out from loftmail. Have had
> issues ever since "the move".. whatever that was.

Bruno is alive and well.

> What package do you use with LuxSci? Just looked at one of their basic
> packages; it did not even have imap. The package with imap seems pricy.
> 2 Email accounts $18.29/month!!

Right. . .put the above two paragraphs together.

Hosting email has got to be one of the most under-appreciated services.

We all live on email 24/7, expect 1 gig IMAP mailboxes to sync in
seconds over-latency ridden residential connections, then don't expect
to pay a lot.

If I hosted email, it would be uucp or hard copy print-outs delivered by
snail mail, with mailbox sizes 200 k max.  And no SLA.

You have issues even though they winded down a while ago, and you don't
want to pay >$20 a month.

Stick to gmail or something.

:)