[nycbug-talk] A simple end-of-year poll

Siraaj Khandkar siraaj at khandkar.net
Tue Dec 28 20:23:47 EST 2010

On 28 Dec 2010, at 12:54, George Rosamond wrote:

> We tend to swap stories of providers informally or as tangents on sloppy threads.
>
> So I thought it would be useful to structure it a bit more for the benefit of all.
>
> Feel free to ignore providers irrelevant to your situation.  In cases you do it yourself, you can note that.  Brief comments useful.  Avoid sales pitches, of course.
>
> Please reply inline to keep the thread clean (including Mark S :)
>
> DNS provider (s)

Self (BIND on OpenBSD and CentOS).

> Dynamic DNS provider (for those with non-static IPs at home)

n/a

> Domain Registrar

GoDaddy... cheap, Domain Manager is nice.

> EMail provider

Self (Postfix/Dovecot on OpenBSD and Debian).

> WWW provider

Optimum Business. Very happy, no contract, 5 IPs, 5mb up, 30mb down,
80 bucks.

> Shell provider

/usr/local/bin/bash ;)

VPS:

ARP Networks,
Amazon,
Open Hosting.

Slowly moving everything to the recently discovered ARP Networks.

> And happy new year to all.

Likewise!

--
Siraaj Khandkar