[nycbug-talk] upgrading custom packages on freebsd

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Fri Feb 19 15:07:21 EST 2010

Hi all,

When I first setup the environment I'm working on, I built custom
packages.  I had a build server, and would do "make package", and then
install those packages across all the boxes.

I'm at a point now where I want to upgrade most packages, as it's been a
while.  The way I'm thinking of doing it is:

- `portupgrade -a` on the build server
- make package in each port
- remove old packages on the old boxes and upgrade to new ones, unless
there's an easy way to tell portupgrade to "upgrade all packages using
/usr/ports/packages/All".  Is there?

Thanks for anyone's advice!

-Matt