[nycbug-talk] "make -jN" in freebsd ports

Justin Dearing zippy1981 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 19:32:22 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm running freebsd after a long hiatus on a vbox vm in my new 8 core i7. I
was installling mongodb and I wanted to speed things up the way one normally
does when running make on a multicore box "make -j4 install" (or whatever).
Anyway after about half a second the port install failed.

So is this just a ports collection limitation? is there some envirormental
variable I can pass to make that it will pass to the actual make/scons
process of the tarball being built?

Regards,

Justin Dearing