[nycbug-talk] a new direction for NYC*BUG

Chris Snyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 14:52:09 EDT 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 1:28 PM, Hans Zaunere <lists at zaunere.com> wrote:

> My two-cent vote would be for svn - easy access over HTTP/HTTPS, easy user
> management, GUIs/UIs, handles non-traditional code files (binary files, etc)
> out of the box.  I use it for config/systems management all the time (in
> addition to actual source code control).

The trick with a community repository is that you're really talking
about creating a bunch of independent repositories, rather than one
big one. Hans doesn't want me committing my sloppy code into his
project, I'm sure.

So whatever you choose, make sure the administrative overhead of
creating new repositories and assigning commit rights is handled in an
elegant way. And if you need to invent that wheel, that's a great seed
project for the new repo. Nothing like eating your own dogfood...

Chris Snyder
http://chxor.chxo.com/