[nycbug-talk] Cacti Alternatives?

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Sat May 15 16:09:57 EDT 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 05:55:38PM +0000, Mark Saad wrote:

> Master ...  Master ...  Master of puppets pulling their striiiiings . Sorry metalica on the brain, there is a cacti alternative written using pythons django framework , it did not use rrd tool but svg based graphs . it looked nice but the name is lost on me now .
>
> Mark Saad | mark.saad at ymail.com

Has munin been mentioned?  (I haven't used it, but one of our developers
just got into it, and has been showing me a bunch of graphs that it
makes.)

I have to add that I have NO knowledge of it, just that it seems, at
superficial glance, to be somewhat similar, however, I have no idea if
it really is or not.

Just throwing that one out there--there may be great reasons to not use
it, and I haven't followed the thread, so I may have missed it being
discussed and discarded.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: Isn't that what they called The Slayer?
Willow: Buffy, ohh scary.
Xander: Someone has to talk to her people. That name is striking
fear in nobody's hearts.