[nycbug-talk] Running a mail server on Amazon EC2

Siraaj Khandkar siraaj at khandkar.net
Wed Nov 3 22:46:23 EDT 2010

On 1 Nov 2010, at 08:26, Chris Snyder wrote:

> Not a surprise. And how could Amazon combat it, really?

So it appears that Amazon is indeed taking action! As I went to request reverse DNS, I was taken to this form:

https://aws-portal.amazon.com/gp/aws/html-forms-controller/contactus/ec2-email-limit-rdns-request

Where they say that they limit the amount of outgoing mail (not sure what to), and you have to describe your use case scenario to request a reverse record an lift the MX traffic cap. In addition they're saying that they work with ISPs and the likes of Spamhaus to white list the IPs you explicitly request for a mail server.

Sounds good! I shall give it a try and report back in a month or so!

-- Siraaj Khandkar