[nycbug-talk] BSD based web hosting

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Tue Nov 30 20:43:17 EST 2010

On 11/30/2010 2:33 PM, mikel king wrote:
> Greetings all.
>
> I know this pops up on the list every once in a while but perhaps there is some updated information out there. I am researching BSD based hosting providers for a forthcoming article on BSD News.
>
> I am looking for specific categories;
> Basic Hosting (these are the budget guys a la Dreamhost types, that do Web, DNS&  email)
> Virtual Server Hosting (self explanatory, VM rental)
> Physical Server Hosting (self explanatory, Server rental)
> Physical Server colocation (You own the box, and rack it at some place like Pilosoft)
>
> It would also be helpful if you've used a particular provider's service. Especially if you can either recommend or not and are interested in being mentioned please note this off list to me.

This may not fall into your categories.  Many of my websites (including
The FreeBSD Diary) have run on a http://www.nyi.net/ provided box since
early 2003.  They own the box and provided it with FreeBSD installed.
I've upgraded the OS several times since then.  Still running solid on
the same server.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/