[nycbug-talk] Storm

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Mon Aug 29 17:52:36 EDT 2011

mikel king wrote:
> Only just got power & internet back a few minutes ago...

Lucky you.  I have a borrowed generator for a few hours to catch up on
email, but no place to do "real work" nearby.  Whole town is dark, so no
starbucks or other distraction-filled cafe-type thing.

http://morristown.patch.com/articles/mayor-power-should-be-on-by-4-pm-monday-downtown-by-midnight

Who builds a substation next to a river?  And since when does
"unprecedented" mean "not since 1999".  Consolidation of power companies
and their zeal for saving costs on maintenance isn't working out so good
for me.

Charles