[nycbug-talk] hardware testing

Edward Capriolo edlinuxguru at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 10:58:19 EST 2011

I do not always get the chance to burn in hardware as I would like. I am
not as much looking for a performance report, as I am looking to ensure the
machine will not fall over as soon as load hits it.
Flaky NIC driver
Bad disks in RAID set or smart type errors
Since I am in to Apache Cassandra these days, I just use a NoSQL benchmark
tool. https://github.com/brianfrankcooper/YCSB/wiki

NoSQL is good at benchmarking disk, memory, network, and creates some solid
processing load. So I just beat up the node for hours also you can compare
the stats vs other classes of hardware and see how the system does.

Edward