[nycbug-talk] Binary Package Repos Help Needed

Jim B. jpb at jimby.name
Mon Jun 20 22:24:37 EDT 2011

Hi All,

Can anyone advise me on the best location(s) to mirror
just the binary package repos for DFly, Free, Net, and Open?

Starting with Free, my rsync keeps crapping out:
rsync -av ftp.cz.FreeBSD.org::pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages/ \
  /usr/home/jpb/Downloads/packages-FreeBSD-8.2-release

The Czech mirror is the only one I can find that will let me
mirror just the package repo, but about 100 or so files into
the transfer, it craps out.  Might be me, might be them.  I dunno.
Different every time.  I do have enough disk space.

I also need a good source for the package repos (only!) from
the other projects.  I'd be fine with weekly updates.

Note- I don't need the ports collection- just binary packages
or pkgsrc for i386 (32 bit) architecture only.

Any help most appreciated!

Cheers,
Jim B.