[nycbug-talk] Cacti Sucks, So what do I replace it with.

Bjorn Nelson o_sleep at belovedarctos.com
Fri May 6 21:47:49 EDT 2011

On 5/5/2011 1:37 PM, Jason Dixon wrote:
> On Thu, May 05, 2011 at 12:18:56PM -0400, Mark Saad wrote:
>
>> 2. RRD , SQLite, or Berklydb data storage

One little known but powerful feature of using sqlite as a data store is
the "attach" function.  If you have other sqlite files, such as a sqlite
file containing the applications you have on your hosts you can do join
the tables from the two separate sqlite files and create a result that
tells you something like the total memory usage for a given application
instead of just the hosts themselves.  Alternatively, if you have a
database of host categories such as location or sla, you can see uptimes
per sla or network throughput per location, or failures per model.

-Bjorn