[nycbug-talk] ipad remote storage question

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Wed May 18 19:41:22 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 07:38:48PM -0400, Marc Spitzer wrote:
> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 7:31 PM, Pete Wright <pete at nomadlogic.org> wrote:
> > yea i see what you mean, that would suck :)
> >
> > how about "Per-User Web directories" and mod_userdir:
> > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/public_html.html
> >
> > i wonder if that would play with DAV - might require some regex's
> > somewhere though though...
>
> I do not think it would be a good fit :-/  the students will be
> reading and writing private files, homework and such.
>
> hiho hiho its off to script I go ...

d'oh!  sounds like you def may have to write some cgi type thingy for
this.  fwiw - i* did something similar a little while ago.  we basically
re-created the amazon S3 api to allow access to personal filestores from
gaming devices.  so it's do-able! :)

-pete

*using the royal "i" there, it was a team effort

--
Pete Wright
pete at nomadlogic.org