[nycbug-talk] Diagrams.

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Sat Sep 10 17:59:42 EDT 2011

On 09/10/11 16:23, Marc Spitzer wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 4:15 PM, Andy Kosela<akosela at andykosela.com>  wrote:
>> On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 8:59 PM, Jan Schaumann<jschauma at netmeister.org>  wrote:
>>
>> Speaking about ASCII art, does anyone know some command line program
>> that make creating ASCII diagrams and tables a bit less of a pain?
>>
>> I usually do it just in vi(1) manually, but I guess there are more
>> automated tools for that out there...
>>

> emacs artist mode makes this fairly simple

Remarkable how this list can transform a simple query into a good
discussion so often.

I converted to the OmniGraffle thing a while ago, and think it's the
best GUI app out there for it still.  I'll tinker with OOo/Libre on
occasion.

Dia is a PITA, IMHO, or at least my past experiences were not fun.  Felt
too clunky for the purposes.  OmniGraffle has a certain elegance that
Dia just didn't match.

Interested to look into Bjorn's solution. . . that seems to best match
the original question.

But ASCII art. . . LMAO.  That's fine for decent techs collaborating,
but hardly presentable.  Although diffs add to the utility.