[nycbug-talk] Diagrams.

Isaac Levy ike at blackskyresearch.net
Sun Sep 11 12:32:26 EDT 2011

On Sep 10, 2011, at 5:59 PM, George Rosamond wrote:

> Remarkable how this list can transform a simple query into a good discussion so often.
>
> I converted to the OmniGraffle thing a while ago, and think it's the best GUI app out there for it still.  I'll tinker with OOo/Libre on occasion.

/sigh
Graffle is really quite amazing.

I'd absolutely pay for an X11 copy of the app, but since they make such heavy use of the Apple core graphics frameworks, I'd think this port would be damn near impossible for them.

> Dia is a PITA,

Spent time finding this out yesterday, after digging out a 3-button mouse to do it up proper.

> IMHO, or at least my past experiences were not fun.  Felt too clunky for the purposes.  OmniGraffle has a certain elegance that Dia just didn't match.

Sadly, Dia is still the front-runner replacement for me- going to invest some more time in it before I drop it.

> Interested to look into Bjorn's solution. . . that seems to best match the original question.

Sortof, but not really- markup and drawing are very different to me.
Go LaTeX.

Rocket-
.ike