[nycbug-talk] Diagrams.

Isaac Levy ike at blackskyresearch.net
Tue Sep 13 13:16:33 EDT 2011

On Sep 13, 2011, at 7:07 PM, Pete Wright wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 12:20:30PM -0400, Isaac Levy wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>

>> I know this has been a topic before, but:
>>
>>  Q: What X11 diagram tools, if any, do people use?
>>

> kinda coming late into this discussion - but i ran into a similar
> problem a couple years ago and one of my co-workers found a web based
> visio clone that was actually pretty usable.  maybe not as many features
> as visio where you can associate power budget per server/switch you put
> into a rack, but it was pretty good for doing high level work.  i did a
> little searching and while i didn't find the app i was looking at i came
> across:
>
> http://www.gliffy.com/
>
> if i find the name of the program i was using back in '08 i'll let ya
> all know.
>

> -pete

Cool- I didn't know one could associate power budget to a given unit in Visio :)

This online tool idea, I dunno...

I started tooling around with tgif, so far it's extreme simplicity is totally appealing to me, as well as the cool output formats, I'm not going to muck with Dia any more.
Will keep spending time with tgif and see how it goes...

Rocket-
.ike