[nycbug-talk] Paul Vixie - Silo Busting in Information Security: The ISC SIE Approach

Jesse Callaway bonsaime at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 16:21:39 EST 2012

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 1:10 PM, Brett Wynkoop <nycbug at wynn.com> wrote:

> Greeting-
>
> I am watching this talk on youtube right now.  You might find it useful
> and interesting.  The video is about an hour. I find it interesting, but
> then I love this type of thing.
>
> Paul Vixie - Silo Busting in Information Security: The ISC SIE Approach
>
> -Brett
>
> --
>
> wynkoop at wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt
> 917-642-6924
> 718-717-5435

Had a minute to check it out this afternoon after watching "White Men Can't
Jump". Pretty sweet. Thanks! I had no idea of the complexity of what
actually makes up the ISC, so it was interesting to learn about that as
well as the main focus of the talk.

Really the concept was cooler to me than the actual implementation. I like
this idea of the "public" clearinghouse as well as this hybrid definition
of public access and how the profit/non-profit model fits in. I'm mean
that's what it's all about it isn't it? Definitely food for thought.

--
-jesse