[nycbug-talk] Secure your own content

Eric Radman ericshane at eradman.com
Wed Dec 19 07:31:09 EST 2012

Most of this article is not worth reading, but the conclusion intrigued
me

  http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/11/ff-mat-honan-password-hacker/all/

  "We need to make that trade-off, and eventually we will. The only way
  forward is real identity verification: to allow our movements and
  metrics to be tracked in all sorts of ways and to have those movements
  and metrics tied to our actual identity. We are not going to retreat
  from the cloud--to bring our photos and email back onto our hard
  drives."

Why not?

Honan is a very foolish technologist, but he's identified an important
cultural shift, namely you are not responsible for keeping your own
data (and by implication you do not determine the terms of use for
content you create).

--
Eric Radman  |  http://eradman.com