[nycbug-talk] craigslist blocking tor

Brett Wynkoop nycbug at wynn.com
Thu Dec 27 11:39:58 EST 2012

Greeting-

While I have a tor node running on my network to just be an internet
good guy I rarely use tor myself because much of the time it is slower
than direct access to the given resource.

Today I decided to try making tor a part of my normal daily life and I
discovered the following when trying to hit newyork.craigslist.org:

This IP has been automatically blocked.
Questions: blocks-b13559612108636 at craigslist.org.

Needless to say I am disappointed with the craigslist people, but this
seems to go hand in hand with them wanting a phone number from a number
that can be pinned to an individual to allow posting adverts.

What is the world coming to?  We are moving back to central control of
information and computing resources that the PC revolution liberated us
from 30 years ago.

-Brett

--

wynkoop at wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt