[nycbug-talk] two quick things

Matthew Story matt at tablethotels.com
Thu Jan 5 22:40:19 EST 2012

the useless use of head, reminds me of my favorite quote from The UNIX Programming Environment ...

    With these ideas, it might seem sensible to write a program, called head,
    to print the first few lines of each filename argument. But sed 3q (or 10q)
    is so easy to type that we've never felt the need.
       ~ p.124