[nycbug-talk] Extremely large SAN/NAS

Christopher Olsen cwolsen at ubixos.com
Fri Jan 20 11:30:05 EST 2012

George,

To address you and Pete and others as this thread goes on...

Right now I have about 28T of storage in a single NAS. Now I have a bunch of
remote servers that rsync all of their data to this NAS..

The NAS in turn keeps 90 daily snapshots for retention purposes...

So I need to be able to still store the 90 daily snapshots as well as be
able to rsync data to the storage pool..

It doesn't need to be a single point but It would be a nightmare to manage
2000 NASs..

But I need it to scale as far as the 10PB I wont need that tomorrow but I
most likely need to expand at a rate of atleast 2PB every 12 months topping
out at the 10PB so I wanted to make sure all thoughts were on the top end of
the requirement.