[nycbug-talk] FreeBSD and pkgng

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Wed Jul 18 17:59:49 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 10:36:56AM -0700, Pete Wright wrote:

> > i'm probably going to be hacking on this personally - but if people are
> > interested in using my repo let me know and i'll do my best to put
> > something up for public consumption...
> >

> found this URL linked via @freebsd on teh twitters:
> http://blog.etoilebsd.net/post/Home_made_pkgng_repo
>
> i'm in the process of building out an amd64 repo now - i'll shoot a
> followup when i have a URL available for public consumption....

ok i've got some initial packages up and being served from this url:

http://pkg.nomadlogic.org/90amd64-default

as the name implies this is for 9.0-RELEASE-AMD64 only at this point.

i may rename that in the future - but at this point i'm more than happy
to make this available for NycBUG members who are interested in
experimenting with pkgNG.  if there are specific packages that don't
exist on this mirror let me know and i can add them.

i think the next step is testing out alternate build options of some
packages - this way it may act as a nice compliment to the official
freebsd.org repository.

fwiw - this whole process was much easier than i anticipated (so far
that is ;) so i'm pretty happy.

-p

--
Pete Wright