[nycbug-talk] Question: Who do you use for residential internet access in Nassau County NY

Chris Snyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 12:48:02 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 10:31 AM, Mark Saad <mark.saad at ymail.com> wrote:
> All
> I am moving and  I was wondering who people are using for residential
> Internet Access in Nassau county . I wanted to keep my existing DSL +
> POTS service from big red, for various stupid reasons, but they are
> claiming they do not have the ability to install or maintain copper
> lines in my area and I have to get fios . I know this is total
> bullshit for a number of reasons , including  the fact the people who
> live in the house I am moving it no have pots service .

Whoa, sorry this doesn't answer your question, but I have to ask.
Isn't the telephone company required to maintain copper lines to all
residences by law? There's a universal access surcharge on all of our
phone bills for that reason.

If Verizon is pushing FIOS that hard, that's a surprising level of desperation.