[nycbug-talk] great things happening with drangonfly

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Mon Oct 15 16:28:16 EDT 2012

On 10/15/12 13:17, Charles Sprickman wrote:
> On Oct 14, 2012, at 11:30 PM, Pete Wright wrote:
>
>> not sure if anyone else caught this:
>> http://lists.dragonflybsd.org/pipermail/users/2012-September/000050.html
>
> I didn't see that, but I did see this:
>
> http://lists.dragonflybsd.org/pipermail/users/2012-October/017536.html
>
> I really admire Matt Dillon - I was quite sad to see him leave the
> FreeBSD project.

oh that's fantastic - thanks for the link!  it is a bummer indeed -
although i think it is great that he is able to move things in his own
direction.

>> i can think of several workloads where this would be really helpful
>> for me - esp. the MMU optimization.
>
> PG seemed to fair pretty well. :)
>
> DFBSD has taken some time to evolve, but I suspect in a few years if
> it can gain a bit of traction and a few well-known users it might get
> the recognition it deserves outside of the hobbyist/tinkering circles.

yea it'll be interesting to see how things shake out no doubt.  i'm
hoping that at the very least his work will pique the interest of other
BSD developers and we will continue to get some cross pollination.

-pete

--
Pete Wright
pete at nomadlogic.org