[nycbug-talk] great things happening with drangonfly

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Mon Oct 15 16:17:36 EDT 2012

On Oct 14, 2012, at 11:30 PM, Pete Wright wrote:

> not sure if anyone else caught this:
> http://lists.dragonflybsd.org/pipermail/users/2012-September/000050.html

I didn't see that, but I did see this:

http://lists.dragonflybsd.org/pipermail/users/2012-October/017536.html

I really admire Matt Dillon - I was quite sad to see him leave the FreeBSD project.

> i can think of several workloads where this would be really helpful for me - esp. the MMU optimization.

PG seemed to fair pretty well. :)

DFBSD has taken some time to evolve, but I suspect in a few years if it can gain a bit of traction and a few well-known users it might get the recognition it deserves outside of the hobbyist/tinkering circles.

Charles